Ooops, so this week we’re having Random Enthusiasm Tuesday, instead of Friday. Variety is good, right?
So, how are you? Did you have a super weekend… or should I ask if you’re surviving the week? My weekend was fillled with friends and fun!
I had a big long walk with my audiobook in the sun on Saturday morning. Look at the colours, it was a beautiful morning, cool and crisp… I was happy to finally be able to wear a fleece!
Dar and I were invited to a dinner party on Sat night where eight of us got together for a catch up and delicious food. It was a Spanish themed evening and everything from the pre-dinner nibbles and cocktail (Agua de Valencia with Prosecco, Vodka, Gin and orange juice) through to the amazing main spread (spanish meatballs, warm broadbean salad, potatoes with chorizo, salsa verde, homemade aioli… the list goes on) was authentic and so very tasty. To finish we had coconut flan which was melt in the mouth delicious… and jellies! We were utterly spoilt and the conversation and laughs continued into the wee hours.
Randomly, did you know that aioli is French and contains egg, while alioli is Spanish and traditionally doesn’t include egg?
On Sunday I got to catch up with my Goddaughter and her parents on their flying visit from France. I hadn’t seen her in months and was delighted that she was starting to talk. She is utter cuteness and I could have eaten her up. I threatened to keep her but I’m not sure I’d have got away with it!
Here are some more fun bits and pieces for you:
- The Killruddery Farm Christmas Market is coming to town. For any locals, Killruddery House has a wonderful farmers market every Saturday but this Christmas, over three weekends, on Saturdays and Sundays, the Farm Market will open with a Christmas flair and produce and gifts from local businesses!Opening November 30th, December 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th & 21st. Just making sure you have lots of notice, it’s well worth a visit!
- I wrapped my first Christmas pressie at the weekend. It’s too early for festivities but I was hyper organised to be able to give the pressie to someone I won’t see until after Christmas. I think the best way to attack the seasonal preparation is bit by bit and with a LIST!!!
- Coffee….. I’m not a coffee drinker but can be tempted into the occassional skinny, decaf mocha (or hot chocolate). This was a perfect day for a walk by the sea with a yummy hot drink to keep my hands warm. I don’t think this will be the last one of the winter either…. mmmmm!
- Keeping Hydrated… with taste! Dilute your favourite juice with fizzy water, a great way to stay away from those soft drink temptations.
- Weekend Brunch. I think brunch is so much fun. I’m not sure why, maybe because it’s so relaxing or perhaps because it’s always something delcious but it feels a little naughty and a lot nice. Great way to catch up with friends too.
- Dressing Up. I had such a fun night out with Mum (aka Magenta) and friends at a screening of The Rocky Horror Show last week. We laughed so much… and definitely let our hair (wigs) down! Have you seen it? Now a cult classic and totally wacky it’s a must watch.
Well, as they say, that’s all folks… a bit of a mish mash but that’s what’s been keeping me smiling over the last few days.
What made you smile today? Drop me a comment, I’d love to hear.
Sending you smiles xx